1.06.2010

juggle .

d o o m e d .
shouted the pessimist .
or perhaps . . . 'shouted the realist' ?
or maybe, 'shouted the person with lack of all hope' ?

these three concepts are thrown toward me simultaneously .
i catch one with my left hand, one with my right ,
oh but good ole' number three . . . hits me in the chest & i drop all of them .
they sit on the floor, tangled 'till i tilt over to unravel .
i've been unraveling for ten years now .

is it naive to be realistic when you can see devastation's shadow creeping up s l o w ?
those burgundy gloves of pessimism prop you up, waiting for the blow .

is it taboo to hold on when hope fails you ?
hope can carry people 5,000 feet in the air just to enjoy the view .
oh but hope can disappoint, your body dropped and broken in two .

they say, 'it's always best to stay positive' .
but 'they' probably live lavishly with money deposited .

hope keeps me going everyday .
but when it fails us, should we find another way ?

hope cant lose hope in me ,
im staying around . . .
i pray that eventually ,
i'll land on solid ground .

No comments:

Post a Comment