1.16.2010

click click withdrawal


. . . the truth is ,
i have dreams about you in my sleep .
tossing and turning , my hours disintegrate while im inwardly stretching for you .
i must say, it's been to long since i have felt you in my presence .
so long in fact, that i keep praying that you'll come to me gift wrapped as a present.
but the truth of the matter is, if i want you . . . i have to go out and attack .
i have to scrape and scratch through my handbags , rip open my wallets and pockets, and burn the black bars of my credit cards until the fantasy is a possibility .

Oh, Shoes ! Oh how i miss thee ! where art thou ? and all that other cheesy Shakespearean nonsense that we love to use to express our romantic devotion . Shoes, it has been too long and in my life, you compete with food . As a young, black college student living so far from home , my money goes to food . . . but now my feet are alone . I miss you . Tall, short, chocolate, camel, sparkles, black, red, purple, bows, boots, straps, and buckles ! [sigh] someday .

No comments:

Post a Comment