4.11.2009

reflecting on spelman

i have a couple more weeks left until i head back home to california .
i think its only appropriate that i look back on the last couple of months & reflect ;

when i came to spelman college, i was excited but somewhat reluctant . i thought , "damn, i havent been here since my freshman year in highschool ... maybe i made the wrong choice." i suddenly had a thirst for LMU . but, i knew that i had to at least see if it was for me . i wished my mom was there to see me . man, she would be proud . but i digress .

i didnt know anyone when i got to spelman . except fatima & we were too busy being on our 'cool girl tip' to really kick it heavy. so i went through a heavy CALIFORNIA withdrawl . i missed beaches, good weather, mexicans, my fam & friends . i was so frickin depressed & i was so uncomfortable . everyone was talkin all this 'sisterhood and bonding' nonsense . i was skeptical to say the least ; & with good reason because a lot of girls are fake & phony . but no biggy ..

with more and more time, i grew to love spelman . the administration can suck my anus for all the bull they put us through ... but other than that , it was definitely a good fit for me . i found friends that didnt give into the "SPELMAN STUCK-UP" stereotype. friends who are too crazy to take themselves seriously. lmxo . the freedom to shape myself has definitely liberated me in a whole new way . i am comfortable in my skin , from chinese firedrills with the alphas, stepshows, late night missions, probates, to the hookah missions chillin, ... i have to admit i have made a new life in Atlanta .

No comments:

Post a Comment