11.09.2009

MISSING .


Dear Andre ,

Andre benjamin, three-thou, 'dre ... or whatever surname you prefer . where art thou ? im thinking about reporting you missing . i mean , isn't the rule ... twenty-four hours missing in action ? well has it been twenty-four hours since 'the love below' ? it feels like a lifetime my friend . you dont seem to understand the urgency of this situation :

"she lives in my lap" shook my soul . i went into a musical coma & when i heard the ice cube sample "in my lap at all times" in the background, i almost died . and seeing how you almost killed me with that song Andre, i think the least you could do is make another album . I still remember the 'prototype' video . it spoke to me , i never equated myself to an alien until the tent scene :) . "we'll tip toe to the sun ...and do thangs , i know ya like?" you dont seem to understand 'dre ! that line made me cover my mouth and blush . i covered my mouth imagining two grown, black people tip-toe'n and it made me grin .

"a day in the life of andre benjamin" made me look at lyrics in a whole new way . it gave me the audacity to write this letter:

"...now you know her, as Erykah -on and on- badu , call tyrone on
the phone why you- do that girl like that boy, you outta be ashamed . that song
wasnt about me, and that aint my name ..."


"take off your cool" introduced me to nora jones . see ! you even gave me friends ! ... even when you featured with the "so, i typed a text to this girl i used to see..." ...i then realized what kinda man i want ! see ! you changed my love life 'dre ! please 3 thou come back . & dont think for a second that im one of those 'last minute lovers' ! i swear i'm not ! i loved your outkast days too , from aquemini to roses !
my favorite rhyme of yours made me sit in my room for 30 minutes in silence ...after the song was over !! :

"so im watchin her fine ass
walk to my bedroom and thought to myself: thats
the shape of things to "come" .
she said, "why in the club, you dont make it
precipitate? you know make it rain when u can make it thunderstorm?"
im like
why? the world needs sun. the hood needs fun.
and theres a war goin on and
half the battle is guns
how dare i throw it on the floor, when people are
poor...
so i write like edgar allen to restore ...."

look, nobody had swag like you ! you were so modest and fly at the same time 'dre ! and now you got people out here tryna bite your style ? i know right, what the hell is a lady 'gaga' ? things in Hip Hop have changed ...and to be quite frank (or bob or hank or whoever you want me to be lol) it aint the same without you !


Signed,

A pissed off fan , but loyal nonetheless .

2 comments:

  1. i feel it ! no one does it like 3k !

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sayinnn . i thought about you too when i wrote 'She lives in my lap' lol . no homo :)

    ReplyDelete