11.07.2009

give me a break .


you know what .
i never really addressed this whole Rihanna and Chris thing in depth . I thought that the story spoke for itself and that the world would just "get it" . I guess i thought wrong . Another rare occasion on my blog ... is the fact that i am extremely livid .

are you serious ? How in the world would this incident be Rihanna's fault ? The world doesnt like when a person plays the "victim role" ... but what happens when the person is a damn VICTIM ? I dont care how much i liked Chris Brown's music ... some things have a moral red flag . What could Rihanna have done that would make Chris Brown choke her , punch her in the eye, bash her head into a window, bite her and then say, "imma beat the sh*t outta you when we get home" ? Did you see the TMZ picture ? how cold hearted are you that you can brush that off and still blame Rihanna ?

are you serious ? i dont care if she cussed at him , or shoved him, or even hit him ... it gives him NO RIGHT to do what he did . i think its very brave of Rihanna to tell her side of the story and be real about going back to him (for that short, confused period of time) & be real about how she feels . It had to be traumatizing to re-live the blood in her mouth and the punches to the face . Who are we to tell her to "suck it up" ? She had a social responsibility to tell young girls her struggle . There were so many adolescent girls who were in abusive relationships & writing to her & Rihanna couldnt bear to have their blood on her hands . could you ?

She said what we all said about Chris' apology, "It looks like he was reading from a telepromter" . Is she not entitled to say that because she is the one who was beat ? GET OUTTA HERE . she said what we ALL said and she had more of a right to say it .

She handled this like a classy, strong, wise woman who is not perfect, but is at peace with the situation and her decision . True, Chris Brown had to see some horrible abuse to his mother and it seems as though he needs to get help . However, Rihanna ALSO dealt with the abuse of her mother and no one seems to confront her trauma . Some things are just wrong and our society will think of any excuse for a scapegoat . Now, i DO believe that she should have gotten out when she saw the signs & she never should have saw him afterwards , however love IS blind and abused women are often confused .



Diane Sawyer said, "People said, I thought she was so
strong?" Rihanna said, "I AM strong . This happened to ME . I didnt cause
this , I didnt do it . This happened to me and it can happen to anybody . Im
Glad it happened to me because now i can help young girls when they go through
it ."

If this was your daughter, mother or sister who was bleeding and swolen ...would it be her fault too ? Should she have not "provoked" it too ? provoked? miss me with that . If you saw a text from your boyfriend/girlfriend's ex ...would you not go off ? So ... to the people out there who think it's "cool" to say Rihanna got what she deserved and a bunch of other ignorant nonsense , let me just suggest that you shut the hell up :) thanks .



1 comment:

  1. Lovee this blog! haha ; (Really)
    I totally agree.
    I've definitely gained a lot MORE respect for Rihanna after this interview not only as a black woman doing great things but, as a woman surviving in this harsh music/business industry after such a...traumatic incident and carrying herself soo well afterwards. Like a strong woman.
    For a while I was on the fence about where I stood with this situation. Never believing that ChrisB. was right in any way, just confused because of all the different stories that I would hear about it. But once I cleared the stories out of my head and looked at it for what it was, I realized it was just wrong. No matter what she may have done, he was in the wrong.

    Thumbs Up to you Rihanna.

    ReplyDelete