2.03.2010

boot straps .


i was on twitter today & it hit me . while scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of PSA's about numerous crisis' of people's lives , i had my much needed epiphany .


"FML"
"I'M so over dealing with this . i'm through.
"i give and give and give and i get nothing in return."
". . . his letter wasn't pleasant ."
"why cant sh*t just be simple ?"
"i don't deserve this ."
"you made me feel so small ."


in a sea of subliminal tweets and facebook status', i thought i would drown in this 'pity tea party' . it's crazy how you can think you are the only person going through something when in all actuality, millions of people are going through the same thing . While i was building up the rest of my life today, trying to get ready for what seems like an inevitable transition ... my mind was racing 150 miles per hour . emotions were high and low & i felt like a crazy person . Meanwhile, there were so many people going emotionally mental literally every three seconds in the cyber world .

Usually, i see so many updates a day that i kind of just click my way out of the obligation of compassion . Nevertheless, when i saw these status updates i felt immense sympathy for these people . Then i removed my subjectivity and realized how small my problems actually are . I realized that the oh-so-boring 'whoa is me, basket case' nonsense is for the birds . So many people are going through the same type of dilemmas all of the time & unfortunately, i'm no exception . My problems simply aren't that huge . No matter what happens, God is going to see me through and protect me and ill be okay . No matter what happens, God will never forsake me and i'll grow stronger and wiser from every experience . I'm no longer worried, i'm no longer scared, i'm just counting it all joy & excited to see what life has in store . . .

3 comments: