5.10.2009

a text message from God...

so, i receive this mass text message from my homeboy that says, "tell your mother i said happy mothers day..." . i kinda frowned .
then, my homegirl reads my blog & tells me to recap the times to her .
well, ive never been scared nor embarrassed to express myself ... ive always been taught (by my mom btw) to say what i feel needs to be said . she told me i was entitled to my expression .

so, with that being said ... here's some recaps for no one else but you mom :)

time has passed . about a good two and a half years . i want you to know im fine . i got into spelman & my dress for prom was baddddddd lol . if you were there, you probably could have convinced dad to let my cut in the front go a bit lower ;) . i took light bright danny . remember he used to play for the panthers? you always called him the 'light bright boy'. lol . oh, spelman's cool. i like it a lot , UCLA screwed me over and dr.howard was upset but God sent me away for a reason . LMU offered more money though =/ . but you knew what Spelman meant to me . thanks for always tellin me not to feed into drama ...it paid off by the way .

the fam has gone crazy ! aaha . naw but umm, UNCLE WAYNE is getting married . you told me that it would neverrrr happen, and look up in the sky ...grab that bacon lol . she's nice ...you would tell our aunties to stop givin her such a hard time tho lol . cousin terren passed . but he prolly sittin right next to you now . you know how strong our family is ... we push through the hardest times. it was hard though... you and terren were the joy of the family.

i miss the all-access passes to disneyland . we always said that your personality fit perfectly with your job. a wacky, cheerful, blissful job that allowed you to dress up like cartoon characters for halloween hahaa . the disney company still looks out for the fam . they ran the marathon in memory of you one year . they made buttons and sent like 50,000 to the house . all bad . oh! i got a tattoo . aha, i know right ....me? i know you wanted yours first, but...things happen mom .

i fell out of love...(you know what i mean) . i finally passed my driving test haha . i dont sing anymore . the last time was at your funeral . i was on the homecomming court . president of BSU. yearbook . a little mini-you haha . oh, nana is still actin like she's sick all the time lol . cece still cant dance . ooo & if you ever woulda heard this song called 'she got a DONK'...lol..im sure id be covering my eyes while you embarrassed me in the grocery store lmxo.

hey mom . you know how dad always got on my nerves? he still does ahah . naw, but now i see why you fell in love . when you got diagnosed, i saw the amazing man he was . he stood by your side relentlessly . you always said, "when i saw that man in the cafeteria, i KNEW i was gunna marry him"...and i always said you were a stalker lol . but i know why you trusted him with your heart. he balances so much and loves us so much . your 'pasadena man'. lol . he's amazing .

dallas is dallas . still mean & cynical . gotta love him . but watch over him some more...more than me. he needs it :)

all my love, stevi renee .

4 comments:

  1. You really inspire me, a lot of your other posts show how deep and intelligent you are, but this really shows how strong and expressive you are. My ex lost her mother last year when we were together and I had to be so strong for her, but it was hard because nothing I told her seemed to help. After reading this I think that hopefully over time things will become easier for her. I know I don't know you that well but this and your previous posts about your mom were really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot lance . i dont know your ex gf, but im praying for her nonetheless . i know that must be difficult for her.

    thanks for reading my blogs & for the feedback. i really appreciate it . keep in touch with me .

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob, and will do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful :) i found myself crying =/
    u knw i've always been a sucka for emotions , lol . anyway .. i knw auntie steph would be MORE than proud of the woman you're becoming . your spirit resembles hers and u definately carry her strength . the both of you carry a special place in my heart !
    btw , speaking of dallas .. i have always tripped off of his personality , lol . such a blunt young man .

    ReplyDelete