5.12.2009

humble thyself .

there has to be more to life than tattoos, weed, babies, & g-shocks . right ?
my eyes are glued shut and i can only see the inside of my eyelids .
but who tattoo'd the inside with my next urban outfitters purchase ?
who hung those posters of marc jacob handbags in my mind ?
the hype .
its real and breathes and never sleeps .
it has taught us to embrace these obsessions rather than keep them in moderation .

let's see: "obsession (n): Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety. "

we spiritually deal with fits in the night to have the hype . to be the new "it" . we mentally scratch our veins at the thought of being that girl in the music videos with the hair, dress, & celebrity .
as 'middle school' as it sounds, it applies at every level . we repress our conscious recognition of it . like we're too old to believe what we see on TV . on the contrary, the older we get...the more susceptible we become to these unrealistic extremes of what's important in life .

all i want for myself is to invest as much time into my soul & mind as i do my image & social life . what you feed your soul is what it will produce . what lame ass nigguh really wants to have a soul devoured by things that are out of style by the fall ? hmm .

1 comment: