5.13.2009

danielle .

"the pink one is probably cuter," Danielle said as she held up two blouses in my direction. One was magenta, cut off at the tummy while the other was a blue, sparkly one with a Roca Wear logo . I would've killed for either, "Yea, the pink one is the bomb."

Danielle was my Grandmother's foster-daughter. she was gorgeous with her long sandy hair and deep dimples. her parents were black and mexican or something . Her mother used to abuse her kids because they reminded her of their dad. Anyways, She had so many guys calling the house. She was four years older than me and a junior in high school. I thought, "When i get sixteen, im going to be just like her... just like her." I remember sitting on the porch and seeing these random cars pull up to the house (nice, always) . Danielle would run up to it with hopes that my nana wouldnt see . I was the lookout ; i should have been looking out for her instead .

Danielle had a baby two years later by some sexy asian/black guy i guess . he loves the baby . & he has a new girlfriend. Danielle got sucked into the quicksand of drugs. she lost custody of her baby . she was homeless . warrant for arrest , DUI . her hair is stringy and thin...perhaps from the stress. she lost so much weight...maybe from the drugs. my heart cant process who she is today, but my mind saw it comming a long time ago. time creates change ;

2 comments:

  1. You're a great writer. just stopping by.

    Come visit sometimes.

    http://popwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete