8.30.2009

"footprints"

One night a man had a dream
He dreamed he was walking along
the beach with the Lord .

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life
For each scene he noticed two sets
of footprints in the sand.
one belonging to him,
and the other belonging to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed
before him, he looked back
at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along
the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He noticed that it happened at the
very lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him
and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once i decided
to follow you, You'd walk with me all the way.
But i have noticed that during
the most troublesome times of my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when i needed
you the most, you would leave me.

The Lord replied, "My son, my precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that i carried you."

Author Unknown .

No comments:

Post a Comment