7.16.2012

3 gowns that haunt me... in a good way :)

[We are only midway through 2012 and my eyes have been blessed. Award shows, tumblrs, and instagrams are fashion mediums that take your breath away. While I give the occasional "oo" and "ah" to certain ensembles, most people cringe at the common "style stinkers" that grace the red carpet. While I was reflecting on the fate of fashion, I couldn't help but wonder if younger girls understood grace and class. They are watching trashy, low budget depictions of beauty. While these three gowns exude what it means to be sultry and sexy, they also reach the epitome of stunning and classy. These three gowns in 2012 began to haunt me in my sleep. I want, I want, I want!]


1. Rihanna in black Giorgio Armani gown, Grammy Awards:
Rhi Rhi proves that she can give more than her "typical, teenage, tantrum" fashion. Her blonde, cascading curls and simple split are phenomenal.



2. Beyonce's Givenchy Lace Gown at the 2012 Met Gala
Queen Bey took a fortunate risk with this lace, feather gown. It is daring, classic, and really highlights her curves. She is not afraid to showcase her hips. I think that's why I love this gown!



3. Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung's Fall/ Winter 2012-2013 collection at the CDFA Fashion Awards
This dress is the perfect balance between sheer and elegant. As you can see, I have a thing for black. Honestly, I love black because it can be done in so many timeless, fabulous ways. No one could work this "swishy", sexy dress like Zoe. No one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment