7.31.2009

i'd rather date michael myers .

thunder and lightening are piercing the sky roaring .
i hear something moving outside.
i run to the window to look & there is nothing but dark .
i shake my head at myself and lay back down .
...but i hear it again .

i pick up the phone & the line is dead .
i hear something creeping up the stairs , heavy boots it seems .

it's getting closer & closer .

my thoughts .
in my life, my mind is always the murderer . walking through my world with authority ... it kills the best of situations mercilessly . If something is going good with me , my mind creeps up and asks what will go wrong . All of the fruits sprouting from my life are eventually stomped on by my questions . my analyzing . my second, third, & fourth thoughts .

sure, you might say that "thoughts" dont kill positive situations . well who cares what you'd say ? i know the truth . doubtful thoughts cause you to walk differently . instead of walking through the fire with excitement and tenacity , thoughts can inject your mind with a saringe full of the "nevermind" . When you paralyze yourself from moving forward ... youre lack of faith and weak mind are to blame .

you have a job interview and you cancel . you assume that the boss wont be impressed with your qualifications . you think that you dont have enough experience under your belt . you simply sabotage your opportunity . you have a great thing going with your girlfriend . she's everything you asked for, but you dont "trust no b*tch" ...you just wanna "get money" . all of these generic "hood phrases" that you soaked your mind in are contradicting your love for this girl and you keep testing her stamina . you have been hurt time and time again by boys dancing in men's shoes . This time it seems right ... but it did last time, and the time before that . youre trying to learn from your past, but not hold it against your new man like a pistol to his neck . you could be missing out on a good man because your mind is ingurgitating any positive outcome .

the mind is more powerful than you think .

1 comment: