3.25.2012

make noise.

[ On March 26, 2012 at 5:30pm, Atlanta will stand together and protest the injustice of Trayvon Martin's murder. Colleges, Universities, Civil Rights' Groups, and Non-profit organizations will rally together to make noise.  If you would like to be involved, the protests will take place on the state capitol steps : 206 washington street, SW atlanta, GA .



About two weeks ago, i posted a video about the murder of Trayvon. It broke my heart that a harmless kid could be a victim of such cruel and prejudiced circumstances. Last week, Someone tweeted that this situation was about oppression and there was nothing we could do at this point. I wonder ... if my ancestors had a similar mindset, where would i be? I'll be damned if i let hardship and injustice silence my voice. I'd rather go down ...kicking and screaming any day. 


The longer I live in Atlanta, travel the country (New Orleans, D.C., Florida, North Carolina, etc.), and read scholarly work on the ideology of racism, the more I have a hard time with California. They live in such a euphoric, narcissistic place that blinds them from the truth. Racism is a living, breathing, thing that - historically- worked relentlessly to break souls and necks simultaneously. Confederate flags still hang, "reNIG" buttons are being made, and innocent men are being sentenced to death. wake up, please.


I have a 19 year old brother. His name is Dallas. His name is Troy Davis. His name is Trayvon Martin. -->

No comments:

Post a Comment