12.11.2011

oh! my pet peeve..


Someone recently asked me, "What is YOUR dating pet peeve?". After much consideration, I realized that I have a few pet peeves. Jealous guys and liars are definitely at the top of the "peeving my pet" chart. However, there is one in particular that always seems drive me to the point of no return:
 
The one thing that really grinds my gears is a narcissistic man. I’m sitting across from you at the dinner and you’re telling me your entire life story – without displaying the slightest interest in me. So there I am ... hearing about where you were born, how many siblings you have, and your high school experiences, while simultaneously trying to digest my food and the information.

Selflessness and reciprocity are vital components to love and relationships. If a man does not have the capability to EVER put the focus on me, then that’s a red flag. When I say “focus”, I am not talking about superficial compliments. I mean a focus on knowing me as a human being- my passions, my values, and the things that are most important to me. I understand that some men want to lay their “everything” on the table to seem honest and trustworthy. Nevertheless, I’m a firm believer that a person cannot be faithful to a stranger. Hence, if a man does not truly know me, how could he be loyal and committed to me? He won't even know what he's committing to. Just a thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment